Do you see that horrid mess in front of you? This is my coupon chaos that somehow saves me money. I have some whole inserts ( those are unorganized), some coupons that were printed and still have to be clipped, miscellanious clipped coupons and then a very small bunch of coupons that are in plastic holders categorized by month of expiration. I keep all of this craziness in a large tote. I also have random coupons and some of my best coupons in my purse. Do you see why I am always complaining about not getting the deals I wanted?!? It’s all my fault….I let this get so out of hand that I dread having to look for certain coupons and sometimes just skip REALLY GREAT deals.
Does this resemble your stash of coupons? I really hope not!
If it does then I hope that you will join me in a new project/giveaway that I have for us. This will be a 3 week dedication to organizing our coupons. Every person has a different method that they are either following or want to follow. I can not tell you which will work best for you. Some people use binders, small coupon clutches, envelopes, leave the coupons unclipped in inserts, in baggies, combinations of the mentioned methods etc. etc… I would love for us all to be able to save money without the hassle of missing coupons and the overwhelming feeling when things get out of hand ( see above photo). I know that there are some people that ARE organized. If you are someone that already has your coupons organized then you may still join in on this giveaway as I am sure that we can all use some sort of improvement in our coupon organization.
Here’s How it will work: Every week for the next 3 weeks ( including this week) , I will write a “Weekly Coupon Organization Plan” post. I am hoping to get the post up on either Monday or Tuesday each week. I will then ask that each week you leave a comment on that post answering the questions that I ask about your progress in reaching your organizational goals. You will only be entered in the giveaway if you participate EACH WEEK ( starting RIGHT NOW 🙂 ). Entries will not count if you wait until the last week to post a comment in each of the 3 weeks ” Weekly Coupon Organization Plan” posts. The whole point is to support one another while we get through this time consuming and overwhelming task. With the new year coming there with be a boatload of coupons expiring this month so what better time to get our stuff together and ready for some great savings in 2011!
If all of that redundant nonsense confused you ( it confused me when I read it over) then just follow these steps to participate in the giveaway. * Sorry it’s very late but I wanted to get this started!
1. Leave a comment on THIS POST copy and pasting the following questions and answering them ( ALL must be answered to qualify)
- Do you have a hard time keeping your coupons organized?
- Which organizational method do you follow or would you like to follow?
- What are your specific goals for this week as far as your coupon organization goes?
- Will you be taking a before and after picture of your coupon stash?
2. If you decide to take a “before” picture of your coupons then please do so sometime this week and email them to email@example.com with “COUPON BEFORE” as the subject. Please let me know in the email if it is OK to share your picture on this site. * By submitting before and after photos you will get a second entry into the giveaway*
3. Next week look for the post titled “Weekly Coupon Organization Plan ( Week 2) and copy and paste the questions that will be asked in that post along with your answers. The post will be up either Monday or Tuesday.
4. Then the next week look for the post titled “Weekly Coupon Organization Plan ( Week 3) and copy and paste the questions that will be asked in that post along with your answers. The post will be up either Monday or Tuesday. * This will be the last week and we will all hopefully have our coupons up to date at that point. “AFTER” pictures will need to be submitted if you are going for the second entry.
5. The winner will be chosen using random.org. The prize is a suprise but is my favorite prize i’ve given away so far! The winner will be announced January, 7th.
* If someone is a new follower of CouponLove and would like to participate but just found this blog AFTER week 1 or AFTER week 2 then please click the “contact me” button and let me know.
COUPONLOVE’S (Amanda) ANSWERS FOR WEEK 1:
- Do you have a hard time keeping your coupons organized? Do I really have to answer this one?!?! 😉
- Which organizational method do you follow or would you like to follow? My ideal method would be part binder, part inserts. I will cut coupons that I need for each week and the upcoming weeks and file those in my small coupon holder that stays in my purse. I will also cut out coupons that I think would make for great deals and that I think I might find on clearance ( i.e. Glade coupons) and place those in my coupon binders. I will have one for food items and one for non-food items. I will leave “the others” that I don’t think i’ll need in the insert and file those away in order of their release. This will make trading coupons much easier. I also organize my coupons by expiration date instead of categories. It will make keeping up with them simpler.
- What are your specific goals for this week as far as your coupon organization goes? I plan to get all of my already clipped coupons grouped together by expiration date and food/non-food. I also plan to cut all IP’s and coupons form magazines out. I would like to have close to half of my coupon inserts clipped as well.
- Will you be taking a before and after picture of your coupon stash? Of course!
** This Giveaway is not sponsored in any way**